Tuesday 10 November 2009

Astronauts



“We came all this way to explore the moon, and the most important thing is that we discovered the earth.”

William (Bill) Anders, Apollo 8 Astronaut


“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.”

Neil A. Armstrong, Apollo 11 Astronaut


“The Earth was absolutely round. I believe I never knew what the word round meant until I saw Earth from space.”

Aleksei Leonov, Voskhod 2 Cosmonaut, first human to walk in space


“I'm coming back in…and it's the saddest moment of my life.”

Edward Higgins White II, on being told to re-enter the Gemini capsule, ending America's first spacewalk

No comments:

Post a Comment